Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Ever Calm Waters of Indonesia

It all began when I woke up inside an airplane. A very unusual airplane. There were only young adults, and they were all sitting in the center. Both the front and the back seats were occupied. By...you guessed it...pianos. The pianos were bolted down to the floors so that when the airplane dived up or down the pianos would not move...thus preventing everyone becoming very similar to pancakes. However, there appeared to be a particularly large brown upright piano that was sitting right infront of me...and it was rocking back and forth...indicating that the bolts were coming lose. All of the sudden we were diving downwards very quickly. I looked out the window and saw pine trees...right next to me. All of the sudden I heared the pilot shout "Incoming!" I was screaming like I did on that one ride at cedar point. But suprisingly enough, I wasn't enjoying myself nearly as much.


As I climbed out of the airplane...I was suddenly transported to...A BEACH! The beach was really a very short wall (about five inches tall)behind which was about twenty-fifty feet of beautiful sand. Infront of the wall was a completely waveless ocean. The water was the kind of blue color that we dream of...literally. It was beautifully clear looking. Pretty much like a swimming pool. Now there were some young Indonesian children swimming in the water. Indonesian? Well of course! After all, I was in Indonesia. I started tossing a small beach ball around with the kids when suddenly the waveless ocean...became a not so waveless ocean. The waves were about ten feet tall. This was so imediate...in fact it happend when I turned around to throw the ball back to the young boy...a very large, clear, seeweedless wave crashed over me. It totally freaked me out and I climbed up out of the water.


Suddenly...who should appear to me but...Grandma! She told me about how the people in Indonesia could still live here despite...something...and said how we need to take care of our land back in the United States. She showed me a diagram. It consisted of a happy face, indicating when our oceans were clean and pure...and then it had a sad face with a clock on it...indicating that time was running out. Her point was clear...if we didn't clean up our oceans soon it would be the end...for everyone.


You might wonder what happend next...well I'll tell you...we sat down to dinner. The meal was quite lovely. We ate inside an Indonesian church member's home. I just remember thinking...maybe I shouldn't eat all of the food on my plate...maybe I should burp after the meal...I wonder what the custom is here.
And then I woke up.

4 comments:

  1. Is that frowny-faced clock the same as the one you saw in your dream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked the same only it was orange. I couldn't believe I found a clock like that. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a good missionary dream to me. Maybe you will be a missionary someday in Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see how the dream could be seen as a missionary dream...the whole clean and pure thing. But I think that the dream was a result of the oil spill...I have no idea why I thought of Indonesia though.

    ReplyDelete