Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Forks and Spoons

I was at the high school. It was bigger and better and prettier. I was in a play. (I don't remember much about the play except that we were pretending to be stealing shoes from a house...).

I promised my friend Simone that I would be going to this place, and that place, etc. (Simone was co-president of the student government so she always knew what was going on). Dad and I left the high school first.

On the way out he asked me about some kids that were being loud. I said "Yeah, they're pretty high-strung." And something about this girl that had no inhibitions. He asked if they were my friends. I said no, but that we were friendly towards eachother.

We went out this side door and there was this wall that was really shiny and beautiful. It was made out of crystals and it sparkled like crazy.

While we were examining the wall Mom came out with all the kids. She was really struggling. It looked like she was dragging Alena. She started yelling about how difficult it was to get out of the school.When she came around the corner she said that she had to talk to me for a second. She pulled me aside. She yelled at me for signing up for too many things at the high school and then started talking bad about my friends. I became very defensive and stubborn. "Fine! Then I'll walk home!"

Apparently the rest of the kids (except Alena) decided to walk home with me too. Somehow I was the one in charge. I refused to take the highway (81) because I thought it was too dangerous. So instead we headed over to the bridge. The road was extremely dangerous. On the side of the road up ahead there was shattered glass everywhere. We ran as fast as the slowest. Somehow we made it to the side of the road. It was then that I realized something. The bridge...was under construction! (This is a huge bridge that goes right over a Lake) The bridge was only halfway built. The side that wasn't built yet had a huge tractor and bars sticking up out of the other side of the Lake. There were hundreds of ropes hanging down from the bars. Connected to two of the ropes...was...a boat. This is about when I came up with a brilliant idea.

We were clinging onto the bars. I was sitting right above the ropes holding the boat. Mariel had somehow climbed down to the boat and we had passed all of our bags to her. There was now only one thing left to do...cut the ropes. I was able to do this with my handy dandy...fork. The fork sawed through the rope like it was pie. In less than a minite the boat was falling towards the water.

The lake was infested with....alligators. Right after the boat got in the water an alligator attacked Mariel and the boat tipped over. I sprung into action. I dived into the water. Pulled Mariel into the boat. Called everyone else down. And then we headed over to....an abandoned island. (We were rowing the boat with spoons.)

The island was covered with piles of sand. We crawled onto the shore panting for breath. I noticed lights in the distance and we decided to head straight towards them. The lights came from a giant mansion (which was actually a tent made out of white fabric...but it was HUGE and looked like a mansion)

We were safely inside the "mansion." I heard a car pull up outside. "EVERYBODY HIDE!" I screamed.

I was crouched down between two "walls" (the best hiding place I found.) Owen came over to me because he didn't know where else to hide. It was then that I heard...a dog! "Crap." I thought. I jumped from my place, put lotion on my hands, and ran upstairs. Of course the dog followed me! After all, I was wearing lotion! I knew this would happen, and I was trying to get the dog to follow me instead of everyone else.

I was upstairs, hiding behind a dresser. The dog spotted me. Just after I shushed it...it started barking! So....I gave it a ball. But it was too late! Someone started climbing up the stairs. I prepared myself for the worste possible scenarios.

It turned out to be some woman that looked really nice...she wouldn't hurt a fly. She asked if she could do anything to help us. (She knew who we were from television.) I looked down at my feet...they were bare. I had lost my shoes somehow. "New shoes?" I asked. She gave everyone new shoes. Then she gave me some advice "I would just stay here if I were you. It's safe."

INSTEAD. I snuck outside while she wasn't looking. There were about fifty cars in the parking lot. I snuck over to a jeep and checked the door. It was unlocked! So I let myself in. There on the dashboard were...keys! It was that easy. I felt a sense of relief and knew that we would all make it home safely. Then I woke up and realized something...we were on an island...how would a car help us?

1 comment: