Thursday, August 5, 2010

I am with my little brother. We're in a city... just wandering the streets. It seems to be Utah. But there aren't any mountains. I see a helicopter. I assume it's the news. I wonder what goings-on they happen to be recording. I see a laser beam shining out near where Owen and I are playing. I decide it's time to leave. I notice the cracks in the cement sidewalk. We make sure not to trip over any of them as some are raised. We decide to go to the Visitor's Center for the Church. I do not know the exact location of the building. Hannah and Mariel join us and we decide to teleport to the Center. I open up a time-space portal... the kind you read about in books like Timeline or watch happen in shows like Stargate... and we run through with the same anticipation as if we were running toward a brick wall..... like in Harry Potter. Really, my subconscious is *so* original.

We all got through the gate/portal/thing without incident. Mariel seemed older and moody... but we were all safe. I looked up and saw the Visitor's Center a little ways away. It seemed a big event was taking place. We walked forward and ran into a couple from Czechoslovakia. (At least... that's where my subconscious told me they were from.... their accents were more on the French end than anything else.) They were trying to ask me something... where the thing was happening... but I couldn't help them. I told them that this was my first time at the Center and didn't have a clue where anything was either. They smiled and nodded. I sighed.

We all continued walking along a Firefly-esque metal boardwalk thing and came across another gate/portal/thing. We decided to go through and see where it led. Hannah and I were going to run through first... but I was worried about leaving behind Mariel and Owen. I looked back at them.

"Mariel, make sure that you both run together. At the same time. I don't want either of you to end up somewhere different."

She nodded. I still had a strange sense of I've-gotta-bad-feeling-about-this.

"Um... nevermind. Take Owen through now. Go!"

I watched them run through the gate/portal/thing. I followed close behind. At the last second I looked back and waved goodbye to our Czech friends.

My alarm hadn't gone off, but I never found out what became of those four siblings.

1 comment: